Did you take full advantage?
Did you take advantage at all?
Did you find it easier or tougher than you thought it would be?
Did you decide it was silly and there were no benefits?
After a full week, Mtn Papa and I sat down just to reflect a little bit about how it worked for us…. (Spoiler – we are going to do this Screen Free Business a bit more often!)
The good, the bad and the unplugged:
What was great:
- We went to bed earlier every night and spent time reading (something I seem to do less and less lately.)
- I quit wasting time on social media stuff and was very focused when I checked my emails. I had more time (crazy, I know!) for the simple things (like throwing a ball with my son!)
- Mtn Papa didn’t worry about emails or balancing the checkbook or looking for “THE” truck on ebay, etc. after having to be on the computer at work.
- As a couple we made it more of a priority to play games together, go on extra walks as a family and just spend a bit more time outside.
What we didn’t expect:
- We really don’t watch TV hardly at all, but we do have two PBS stations After a long stretch of sleepless nights, I was wishing I could sit J in front of some quality shows for just 30 minutes so I could sneak in a little extra sleep in the morning.
- I didn’t miss FB or Twitter.
- The effect on our kids was minimal because of their ages and lack of TV usage in our house.
- It was a great vacation of sorts!
- The house wasn’t any cleaner….hmmm…..
What we missed:
- Being able to look up the little things on the internet (recipes, questions, weather, etc.)
- Being able to sit down and write my thoughts or ideas as they came up (I had to *gasp!* use pen and paper!)
Again, I can’t wait to see how Screen Free went for everyone else Please feel free to comment and email me pictures – I will use them for a post (and can certainly credit you/your blog if you would like!)
Facebook Photo Contest from Piggyback Rider
Tales of a Mountain Mama and Piggyback Rider want to see your photos using your Piggyback Rider, especially during Screen Free week! Don’t have a Piggyback Rider yet? Improvise and get creative =) We will be testing and reviewing a Piggyback Rider later this summer (so stay tuned for that!)
To enter, check out our Facebook page (the contest will be “pinned” to the top so you can find it easily.) Don’t have Facebook? Feel free to email me at email@example.com with your photo, caption and your first name and I will enter you via our wall. One winner will win this sweet Piggyback Rider shirt set (one adult and one kid!). :) Entries due May 17th at 8 pm MST!