Don’t give up yet – the BEST campfire season has just begun! This is the time of the year that campfires in your own yard or out camping really do provide a welcome heat and friendly glow. We rate it as one of the best and easiest relaxing outdoor family activities.
This summer we were given the opportunity to check out a new product by Duraflame, their Roasting Logs. I’ll be honest – usually I prefer to cut my own firewood instead of buying it. However, Duraflame logs are a great alternative when wood isn’t readily available or you want something easy to light and a quick fire.
Here’s what makes these logs different:
- Each 5 lb. bundle is already broken up into 4 sections. You can stack the logs and easily light them (by starting the paper they are wrapped in) on fire. Once they burn to coals, they are the perfect (and safe) for roasting. Just add logs for a longer lasting fire.
- Made from 100% renewable resources (including real wood charcoal)
- Clean and easy (no mess at all really)
- Safe for roasting food
While Duraflame claims optimal roasting time is about 45 minutes after you light the logs on fire, we found that they burned much quicker than that. In fact, they burned quicker than the “test” real-wood logs we burned alongside them in our “campfire lab”.
The Roasting Logs from Duraflame are a great product to keep on hand for a dependable fire without having the mess and hassle of cutting wood (though there is nothing wrong with that either!)
You can find some coupons on their site here.
Win a Camping Kit from Duraflame!
The kit includes:
- Roasting Logs bundle (enough for one campfire)
- Deck of cards
- Scavenger hunt ideas
- Harmonica and Kazoos (cheap, but fun anyway)
- Roasting sticks
- A bag of Marshmallows
- Compass (again, nothing super special, but fun for the kids!)
- A canvas bag to keep it all in
To enter to win, simply leave a comment below answering BOTH the following questions: What activity do you love to do most around the campfire? AND Why do you think these Duraflame logs would make your experience easier?. You must also leave your email in your comment for me to contact you (comments without emails will not be counted.)
Duraflame generously provided us this gear in order to facilitate this review. However, as always, the opinions expressed here are completely and honestly our own. Additionally, a few of these links are affiliates. Thank you so much for clicking through them to make your purchases – it helps offset the cost of this blog in a (VERY VERY) small way! You can find my full disclosure here.
© 2013, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.