**Winners have been announced! Scroll down to see them!**
Another Monday, another hiking challenge! This one was the toughest for me last year…because the trails around here just aren’t that DIRTY! Which is a really good thing. But, not everywhere is a National Park…and there are plenty of disrespectful people who leave their junk everywhere. So, this week we challenge you to get out there and help make the earth (or at least that trail) a little bit better.
And thank you so much to everyone who has joined in, who has invited a friend to join in and who has helped support US in making this successful. We are just getting started!
How to participate:
- Clean up a trail
- Snap a photo or two
- Log on to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Share your photo and your experience. If you’re using….
- **BIG**Bonus points if you share a photo of your #takeahike t-shirt or water bottle (available for purchase here) on this week’s hike and if you share your photo on the Lightspeed Outdoors, Sawyer, Moji , Stonewear Designs & Action Wipes social media pages.
Still need some #takeahike swag!?! We have t-shirts & Nalgene water bottles available right here. We offer a HUGE group discount if you order 10 or more products, contact us for details–takeahike2016(at)gmail(dot)com
What you can win:
- Stonewear Designs Outfit (U.S.)
- Marcie S. – thanks for making trash pick-up a game! What a way to teach your kids from a young age in a fun way!
- Lightspeed Outdoors Shelter (U.S. & Canada)
- Jessica R. – thank you for teaching all those kiddos “Leave no Trace”!!
- Sawyer Sample Package (U.S.)
- Emily M. – because this photo is so incredibly awesome beyond words! Best faces!!!
- Moji handheld massager (U.S.)
- AlaskasKids – you cracked us up about the fact that trash goes in trash AND food should stay on your plate! HA! Kids! And we love your black and white photo!
- Action Wipes package (U.S. & Canada)
- Eddie Tamara Wineland – thank you for helping just making picking up trash a reflex! How awesome! And we love that he wants to help spread the word about picking up trash too!
How we choose the winners?
Winners are selected randomly by Amelia & Rebecca. We’re looking for photos and stories that inspire and motivate us and the rest of our communities. You can increase your chances of winning by wearing your #takeahike t-shirt &/or using your #takeahike water bottle when you take your hike & sharing your photos with on our weekly sponsors social media sites as well.
When will winners be announced?
Right here on our website and social media sites on Wednesday June 29th.
Help spread the word: Use these short social media messages or embed these photos to help spread the word about this week’s challenge hike!
It’s #takeahike trail clean up week! Pick up liter & you might win a @LSOutdoors shelter. Details @mtnmamatales & @hikelikeawoman
We’re giving away an awesome @SawyerProducts #takeahike prize package this week. Check it out -> @hikelikeawoman & @mtnmamatales
You’d look good in this @Stonewear outfit, #takeahike & you might win it! Details @mtnmamatales & @hikelikeawoman
Clean up a trail for a chance to win one of 4 @actionwipes prize packages! #takeahike @mtnmamatales & @hikelikeawoman
Sore muscles? This @GoMoji will help! #takeahike for a chance to win one. Details @mtnmamatales & @hikelikeawoman #gomoji
A huge thanks to @LSOutdoors, @SawyerProducts, @GoMoji, @Stonewear , & @actionwipes for sponsoring this week’s #takeahikechallenge w/ @mtnmamatales & @hikelikeawoman
Happy Hiking! We’ll see you on the trails.
© 2016, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.