Hi! We’re so glad you found us! In case you’re new here, this is the place to start – and get a quick snapshot of what we’re all about plus links to our most popular posts.
First of a all, be sure to sign up to receive our emails. They come only once a week and help you to be sure you don’t miss anything great! Sign up here.
Tales of a Mountain Mama aims to help inspire families to get outdoors and adventure, even with young children. We share our stories from out on the trails, in the woods, and in the mountains, provide tips and tricks, and welcome feedback from our readers! Most importantly, we are just a normal family getting out there and showing that it is possible (because we all know how overwhelming being a parent in itself can be!).
We also happen to be big believers in the fact that sometimes an investment in great gear is a worthwhile step in helping getting the entire family out. Watch for a diverse make-up of honest gear reviews and giveaways. Finally, we love to feature occasional guest bloggers and experts to round out our own knowledge and experience.
Who You’ll Find Here:
Amelia writes from Yellowstone National Park where she lives with her husband, four young children (J, P, L and M) and their lab, Katmai. Amelia started the blog in 2011 after the birth of her second child. She realized that for her own sanity, she needed to be able to continue to get out and adventure, even as their family expanded. She made a new commitment to get out every day with her kids (and husband, of course) and began to write about it. Hence the birth of Tales of a Mountain Mama. She is also a long-time “gear head” and strongly believes that good gear is essential to happy adventures (because there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!).
Our top posts (which we hope you’ll find helpful!)
- Gear Up Kids for Winter: What I Tell My Family and Friends
- Stroll-On: Get Out on Wheels – Jogging Strollers
- The Great Babywearing Project
- Skirts for the Outdoor Gal
- WOOM Bikes for Kids
- Muddy Munchkins Boots and Liners by MyMayu
- Real Kids Shades – Sunglasses for kids aged 0-12
- DucKsday Fleece and Rainsuits
- Chariot Chinook
- Kids Sleeping Bags
- Comparing the top framed child carriers
- Osprey Poco Plus Kid Carrier
- Weehoo iGo Pro Bike Trailer Review
- Find Your Happy
- I Want My Kids to Feel Strong
- Hike on Mama, it’s Good for the Baby on Board
- Why I Take My Sick Kids Outside
- Simplify Your Outdoor Time
- Failure of an Indoor Mom
- Kids Need Daily and Positive Outdoor Time
Tips & Tricks:
- Just Say No to Training Wheels
- How to Keep Kids Warm all Winter
- Tips for Winter Camping with Kids
- The Best Sleeping Solution for Camping with Babies
- Urban Outdoor and Nature Activities Roundup
- Snowshoeing – a Sport for the Whole Family!
- Urban Kids Get Outside Too!
- Park Hopping!
A couple more things:
- Please do check out our sponsors on the right sidebar. They’re hand-picked by us because we love their gear. We think you will too.
- Also, you can give back to us by clicking through our affiliate links (always highlighted in our posts). Your support helps this community grow and keeps us going. Thank you!