Water bottles are exploding out of our cupboards more often than not. Or our car. Or the bike trailer.
We use them constantly in an attempt to stay hydrated in the dry climate of Wyoming. The benefits of water are abounding (we’ll save that information for another day), and we know that running out of water (or just plain not drinking enough) can have disastrous results.
Our local gear shop, Wind River Gear, carries Liberty Bottles and they got my attention right away. I simply loved that the lid only required 1/4 turn to close it (instead of turning and turning and turning…)
I looked into the company a little more and was thrilled to have a chance to try some out (and give some away.)
We what love (and what makes Liberty Bottles different):
– BPA-free (“
– Made in the USA
– Made from recycled aluminum cans, and recyclable too.
– Food-grade coated interior prevents chips from the aluminum entering your drinking water.
– Varying designs from “everyday” artists. AND you can make bottles with your own logo (if you order a minimum of 72 bottles)!! One day, when I am rich, maybe there will be “Tales of a Mountain Mama” bottles 😉 Donations accepted 😉 HA!
– They fit in “normal” spaces like cup holders (SO annoying when your bottles don’t fit in those spaces!)
What we aren’t so crazy about:
– I love the fact that the lid closes in a 1/4 turn, but if you don’t get it on there right, it is going to leak. It almost takes a little practice (and we have had some “practice messes”.)
– Waiting for a lid with a straw (to make car-traveling a little easier.) **and I have it on good authority these are in the works, along with kid-sized bottles!**
– While we haven’t put any dents in ours with normal use, I did do a test of filling it up and dropping it on some pavement from about 4 feet up (thanks to a suggestion from another outdoor enthusiast) and it definitely dented more than just a simple aluminum other bottle I have (which I also dropped). Hmmm…. That said, my Camelbak also dented. Apparently we just don’t normally drop ours onto hard surfaces (like pavement.)
Thanks to Liberty for sending us enough bottles to share. To enter (4 entries possible):
1. REQUIRED: Leave a comment on this post sharing something about water/hydration and how it affects you OR share what you would put on a bottle if you could design your own!
2. Follow us on Facebook (and leave another comment saying you do).
3. Follow us on Twitter (and leave another comment saying you do).
4. Follow our Pin boards on Pinterest (and leave another comment saying you do).
I will choose 3 winners and post them here after April 5th. Please check back to see if you are a winner (or make SURE you leave your email address!) Open to US only. Winners will have choice of above pictured bottles – first come, first served.