The holidays are quickly approaching. While Christmas means much more to our family than just buying things, it is also the perfect time to truly give from your heart. I, personally, prefer the hand-made approach, but I am also a big fan of giving so others can make memories of fun outdoor time. And fun outdoor time (especially in the winter) requires gear to help you do so (whatever “caliber” it may be!)
I made a list of our very favorite things that we think would make great gifts for the people you love. While it is certainly not constrained to the categories below, I am just trying to make things a bit easier.
And….here’s a really (REALLY) big hint. Come December 1st, we will be giving away most of the things on this list as part of our “12 Days of Gear Giveaways”. So, if you don’t find a smokin’ deal for Black Friday (or prefer just to spend time with your family relaxing) – you still have a chance to snag one!
Please add your own suggestions in the comments here too! And make sure you read all the way to the end where, once again, I will be linking up to some other incredible outdoor family bloggers with their own lists. You should be adequately stocked with ideas after this!
- Overland Equipment Donner Bag (or ANY of their bags!)
- ISIS Whisper Hoodie Down Vest: Uber warm, feminine and available in a bunch of colors
- Wizbang Hat/Headband: Absolute favorite headwear for women (and kids!)
For the Kids (not all ideas shown in photo):
- Kelsyus Go With Me Chair
- STONZ booties
- CLIF Kid Z Bar Snacks
- Snowstoppers Mittens
- Lucky Bums Ski Trainer
- Slippers from Acorn: Great for winter cabin trips, camping, or around the house. Available for the entire family.
- Sierra Trading Post Gift Card: Great gear and incredible prices (I tend to shop here most!)
- Point6 Wool Socks: THE best wool socks out there…in our opinion!
Find More Ideas Here:
- Christmas Gifts for Skiing Families: The Brave Ski Mom
- Outdoorsy Gift Giving Guide: Nature for Kids
- Do It Yourself Gifts for Outdoor Families: AK Skedaddle
- Christmas Gifts for a Year Full of Family Adventure: Bring the Kids
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Outdoor Children: Calgary Family Adventure
- Gifts to Encourage your Budding Scientist: Outsidemom.com
- 10 Gifts for Active Kids: Active Kids Club
- Gift Ideas for Backyard Nature Fun: Go Explore Nature
Don’t miss our guest blogger tomorrow and then have a very happy Thanksgiving! We’ll be back next week!
Some of these links are affiliates. Thank you so much for clicking through them to make your purchases – it helps offset the cost of this blog in a (VERY VERY) small way! You can find my full disclosure here.
© 2012, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.