This past weekend we decided to forgo any traveling (despite having a 4-day weekend) and instead concentrated our efforts on skiing, playing and filling our lungs with fresh air. It was glorious, exhausting and exactly what we all needed. A ski day for the kids (on the bunny slopes of Bridger); a couple “Date Skis” where the kids slept and Mtn Papa and I had un-interrupted conversation and a day of separate skiing (me with some new friends and later Mtn Papa with the dog.)
And now, like any good vacation seems to do, I am having a terrible time getting back into things. The schedules, the cooking of meals, the cleaning, and the fun parts too (like all these posts rattling around in my head that have yet to be typed and published on the blog.)
But, it got me thinking a lot about priorities in life. We certainly all have them and they obviously vary from family to family and different seasons in life. Different family member’s personalities must be factored into that equation too. Though we are doing our best now to foster a love of the outdoors (instead of forcing it), our kids could get older and prefer doing different things. And so our priorities will be tweaked. But, for now we will forge ahead and re-evaluate our life as necessary. I strive to ask myself some form of the following questions often:
- Does my life reflect the priorities I have in my head?
- Are my kids learning what I want them to from my actions (and not my words?)
- Am I taking enough time outside?
- Am I taking enough time for myself?
- Am I taking enough time for reflection/prayer?
- Do I do my very best to eat healthy and move more?
- Do I show my husband and kids how much they matter to me?
- Do I unplug and focus?
- Am I stuck in the get-it-now trend of our current society or do I take some time to be patient, contemplate decisions and be ok with what I don’t need?
- Do I strive to be content with what I have instead of wishing for more?
Deep reflections, I know, for a Wednesday, but it’s so easy to forget to think about these and just get caught up in LIFE! I am curious – are setting priorities a conscious effort for your family? How do make sure that happens?
In other news….
We are honored to be joining the Terramar Sports Ambassador Team as a family. Over the next 6+ months, you will see gear reviews, special giveaways and insight scoops on base layers from Terramar. Because we are working as a family, we will be showing off gear for men, women AND kids. We promise all photos of us in our underwear (LONG underwear that is….because Terramar is all about base layers) will be completely family-friendly. 🙂 Head on over and check out the whole Terramar tribe on their Facebook page App. We’re proud to be among such inspiration!