O.F.F. = Outdoor Fashion Friday.
Our (almost) weekly segment featuring our favorite styles for the season. Everything I share are pieces that can be worn all day long and stand up to the “use and abuse” of serious adventures. While I am far from a “fashionista”, I appreciate clothing that is worth my hard-earned money. It’s what I wear and love!
When Cushe first approached me about reviewing some of their shoes, I almost passed. Since I wear them almost every day now, I am so glad I didn’t.
While Cushe (pronounced “cushy”) has a whole line of shoes and boots, our family chose to check out their “Cushe Slippers”. Available for men, women and kids (size 10+), they are what I wear indoors (we have mostly all hard flooring) when the weather isn’t favorable and both indoors and outdoors when it is.
The shoes are unique in the fact that they are super lightweight thanks to their Molded EVA with unique manuka honeycomb design outsole. The canvas tops are easily moldable and come in a variety of colors and designs.
The Cushe Slippers are in fact slippers – while I have done considerable walking in them, I wouldn’t recommend them for going out on a hike or anything. That’s just not their purpose. However, their support far exceeds any normal slipper and they can truly be worth for daily indoor and/or outdoor use.
What we love:
- Easy to slip on post-adventure
- Super lightweight so great for recovering muscles
- The arch support and general stability is surprisingly very very good
- They’re relatively cheap (as far as quality shoes go), but have the comfort of a much more expensive shoe
- The attractive designs make them easy to wear casually or dress up just a little (especially for the men)
What we aren’t so crazy about:
- While it seems to get better with time as the sole is scuffed up a bit with use, they don’t have the best traction right out of the box. We found ourselves slipping around a bit even inside right after we put them on for the first time. Again, it seems to get better with use, but that’s your “warning”
Win a gift card to Cushe!
One lucky person will win a $150 gift card to use on the Cushe site. Since each of our shoes were about $50, this goes a long way!
As usual, please use the Rafflecopter Widget below to enter to win. The winner will be emailed and announced on this post in the Rafflecopter Widget. Have questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact me at mountainmamatales(at)gmail(dot)com so I can help! This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada.a Rafflecopter giveaway
© 2015, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.