O.F.F. = Outdoor Fashion Friday.
Our (almost) weekly segment featuring our favorite styles for the season. Everything I share are pieces that can be worn all day long and stand up to the “use and abuse” of serious adventures. As a family, we appreciate clothing that is worth our hard-earned money. It’s what we wear and trust!
Oakiwear just came out with a swimwear line this summer and we’ve been testing it out over the past few weeks. We’re always on the lookout for great swimwear that the kids are comfortable wearing, lasts a long time AND keeps them protected from the sun.
Here’s the two qualities I love best about Oakiwear Swimwear:
- They are super SUPER affordable and will actually be on sale starting 7/11) on Zulily for 72 hours!
- The designs. Especially their partnership with My Outdoor Alphabet for the “K is for Kayak” shirt. Hoping to see more of that down the line.
For the price, they’ve held up really well, which is super important to us.
What I’d love to see improved:
- I’d really love to see some long-sleeve options for the shirts
- The board shorts seem to run very large. I’d recommend ordering a size down. There is also not a “girl” style for the shorts
- We like the sunsuits (on L), but I am not a “peach” person – would prefer different color options.
I know this isn’t clothing, but every kid needs a net or two around. And these ones have expandable handles for easy storage, and last very well for a cheap net. We use them for butterflies and minnows. And right now they are on clearance for $2.99. Definitely worth getting a few of them.
Buy Some and Win Some
First of all, you can use code mountainmama for 15% off on the Oakiwear site. This is good until until 7/19 so don’t miss it!
Oakiwear has also offered the chance for one of you to win a swim top and swim shorts in winner’s choice of color and size (depending on availability).
As usual, please use the Rafflecopter Widget below to enter to win. The winner will be emailed and announced on this post in the Rafflecopter Widget. Have questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact me at mountainmamatales(at)gmail(dot)com so I can help! This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Oakiwear generously provided us this gear in order to facilitate this review. However, as always, the opinions expressed here are completely and honestly our own. You can find my full disclosure here.
© 2015, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.