Hydration is key to good health for an infinite amount of reasons. Sometimes I need reminders about that, though. And to be honest – I am doing some good guessing when it comes to how much water I actually drink in a day. I never notice my lack of hydration or my full bladder more than when I am pregnant, though!
Water accounts for nearly 60% of our total body mass. Therefore, it obviously plays a huge role in how our body runs and performs. Way too many people just don’t get enough water, plain and simple. Unfortunately, the long-term effects of severe dehydration are pretty serious and could eventually lead to death in extreme cases. On the upside, a well-hydrated adult/child feels the benefits of:
– Better blood flow
– Higher energy levels
– Decreased muscle soreness after exercise
– More attentiveness and an easier time concentrating
– Healthy kidneys
– Body temperature regulation
Tips for Staying Hydrated:
- Don’t rely on thirst to determine when you drink. Be sure to be drinking water before, during and after exercise AND throughout the day. EVEN IN THE WINTER!
- Carry a water bottle with you at all times. It is recommended that adults AND children are drinking every 20 minutes while exercising.
- Make sure your kids are taking water breaks throughout the day.
- Stay away from soda completely and limit juice or sugary drinks. Kids AND adults need water more than anything! Sports drinks can be used to replenish lost electrolytes after heavy sweating, but water is the MOST important drink.
When Thermos approached me about trying out their brand new Thermos Connected Hydration Bottle with Smart Lid, I jumped at the chance to try out something to actually keep me accountable for my water intake. No surprise, but I have thirty zillion distractions a day around here, so having one less thing to actually think about is helpful.
While the bottle is definitely a little bit “gadgety” (you charge the Smart Lid), it feels like and performs (no leakage, etc.) like any other water bottle. I always appreciate a bottle that I can trust to not go everywhere when I throw it in a bag or stroller. Plus, it has a handy cover over the top which is just child-proof enough to keep my 22 month old out of my water.
The Thermos Connected Hydration Bottle with Smart Lid connects wirelessly to your Apple device and/or FitBit. I love that it tracks my water intake AND my activity for the day (when used with the FitBit). You download the free App, make sure the Smart Lid is charged (it keeps its charge for days and days) and then just keep drinking.
What I found? I need to seriously kick up my hydration…
Want to get connected?
You can find the Thermos Connected hydration Bottle with Smart Lid here.
I want to know – would YOU use it?!?!
© 2015, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.