We are so excited for our First Annual FREE Kids Moving Miles Mini Challenge!
It’s no secret that many kids just aren’t moving enough anymore. Between the lure of screens to a fear of letting them roam more freely, kids are spending more time indoors and less time outdoors moving. While finding a solution is huge and involves a widespread commitment from our society in general, we are doing our part this year to start helping where it matters most – at home!
The “Kids Moving Miles!” challenge is a spur off our wildly successful 365 Mile Challenge, running throughout 2018. It’s a response to parents, but most importantly, KIDS who want in too. And since our larger goal is “families outside and healthy”, we couldn’t ignore that plea AND wanted to reach as many kids as possible.
What it is:
- A mini challenge just for KIDS to go a self-powered mile a day for a week
- A kick-off to summer (and hopefully a boost to get out and moving!)
- Daily emails delivered to families (and then passed on to kids) for encouragement and ideas on how and where to get moving!
- Giveaways just for kids – all signed up kids/families are eligible!
- A FREE digital magazine offered to all participants (this will be sent the first day!)
June 18 – 24
How to Join Us:
- Be sure to sign up here up until June 15th: https://www.365milechallenge.org/mini-challenges/
- Make sure your emails aren’t going to spam – you’ll want to see each one!
- Join our Facebook group so you don’t miss anything! (note: you have to sign up at the link above to actually win any of the prizes!)
- Start doing your miles on June 18th.
Want some encouragement for your kids?
What your kids could win:
- Merrell Moab Shoes (7 winners)
- Kids RxBars (5 winners)
- VTech Smartwatch DX2 (3 winners)
- VTech Action Cam 180 (3 winners)
- WOOM Bike (1 winner)
© 2018, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.