***Thank you swamping me with applications! I LOVE it. To give me time to go through them all (and get over a bout of strep…boo….), I am extending a grace period until August 5th. NO applications will be accepted after that. So if you were SO close, you have a few more days. You’re welcome!
If you’re coming in late, do everything you can to WOW me! I appreciate all the folks that worked so hard to get theirs in on time, but also know life happens, so will be weighing both appropriately!**
We’re gathering up our BETA Mountain Mama Team to help get more families outside and we want YOU to apply! Our Team Members will help boost the Tales of a Mountain Mama community through adding their personal voices to the site, along with gear reviews and inspiration for our readers. There also happens to be some pretty sweet perks.
Note: As this is a beta operation, all Team Members chosen will have a 3 month trial period with the option of extending, if invited to do so. We expect this program to grow and change and THRIVE as we learn, so nothing is set hard in stone.
Who we’re looking for:
- Mountain Mamas (don’t worry, “mountain” is a loose term) with kids of all ages, who love to get outside with their families
- Mamas who also struggle with the realities of being an outdoor family including tantrums, time restraints, gear questions and a lack of energy
- Mamas looking who love to write and review gear, can do so honestly and from the heart, and who take their family life seriously (with lots of laughter, of course)!
- Mamas who are willing to work as a team member and follow our guidelines
- Mamas who want to promote the mission to get families outside.
- Mamas who love to brainstorm new ideas and think big!
- Mamas who would love to help us review gear
- Mamas who understand what it means to be a Mama….and that I am not perfect, nor do I expect YOU to be!
Leaders are expected to:
- Write one blog post (story-based) per month, per our guidelines
- Write one gear review per month, per our guidelines
- Share our stories and reviews on social media
- Participate in conversations (both starting and commenting) in the Gear Hut
- Work honestly and enthusiastically with the entire Team
- Help spread the word about our community and mission
- A Deuter Women’s-Specific Pack (Model TBD)
- Exposure to our 30k+ readers
- At least one gear review a month (you get to keep the gear)
- A fantastic community of like-minded families!
How to Apply:
Send us an email with the subject line “I want to be on the Mountain Mama Team” by July 31st, 2018. In the email include the following answers to these questions PLUS a link to your video application (see details below.)
Part 1: All about YOU!
- What does your family look like (ages of kids, etc.)
- What outdoor activities do you like to participate in as a family?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- How long have you been a Tales of a Mountain Mama follower (don’t worry, I won’t dock you if you’re new!)
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Do you write a blog? If so, please link us up!
- What social media outlets do you use? Again, please link us up!
Part 2: GEAR Written Review
We do a ton of gear reviews at Tales of a Mountain Mama to help families sort through what they really need, and what they don’t, to get their family outside. One of the Team member perks is getting to review gear (and keep it!) I want to see what you can do!
Pick something you would like to review and send me a review following these guidelines:
- A few sentence paragraph explaining the product with bullet points outlining who it is for/who needs it
- What you Love
- What you aren’t so crazy about (nope, you can’t skip this one)
- “The Bottom Line” about your thoughts
- Include 3 photos that YOU took
Part 3: Video Review
Often brands are asking for reviews done via video. This is one area of our site we really want to improve on, so we want to see what you can do. We also want to see YOU! Send us a 3-5 minute video reviewing your choice of outdoor family gear. Don’t stress, no one expects perfection!
That’s it! We can’t wait to see what you’ve got! As always, feel free to email me with questions: email@example.com
© 2018, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.