I refuse to buy into the stress of the holiday season. I get my shopping done early, I plan ahead and then it all usually ends up in spirited chaos anyway. Oh well. That’s life and that’s ok. As long as we are focusing as a family as the real reason for Christmas, I’m happy. This also means giving to those in need AND those we love.
So, this is my quick line-up of items I think every outdoor family (full-on enthusiasts or wannabes with spunk) would love. It also happens to be a teaser for our HUGE 12 Days of Gear Giveaways event starting December 1st. I have been working on putting this together for months now and can’t wait to give back to all of you. You can keep up with THAT event here. Note: not all items listed here will be given away. And not all items we are giving away are listed here. We have to keep you guessing a LITTLE!
This list is chock-full of affiliate links (which I highlight very clearly). Thanks for shopping through them to help us out a bit. It doesn’t cost you a dime!
Also, we are so thankful for any support you can give us (only if you LOVE this blog, please!) through our PayPal link at the top of the right sidebar (or here). It means the world to us and keeps everything here running!
- Kid Hammock from Biddle & Bop (totally family-tested and an awesome collection of great gear)
- Soft-shell Ice Cream Ball (REI affiliate link)
- Spooner Board (Amazon.com affiliate link)
For camping and getting out playing all summer:
- NiteIze BugLit + Gear Ties (REI affiliate link)
- Vacuum Crock from Stanley Brand (REI affiliate link)
- Enlightened Equipment Backcountry Quilts
For the Hiker:
- Ribz front pack (Amazon.com affiliate link)
- Purple Rain Skirt (Garage Grown Gear affiliate link)
- Oboz Hiking Shoes (REI affiliate link)
Girl, get outside!:
- Polar Stroller Skis – review here
- Joey Jacket from Kowalli – review here <– for pregnancy, baby wearing and beyond
- Ahnu Sugarpine boots (REI affiliate link) – review here
- Deuter Kid Carrier III (REI affiliate link) – review here
To spoil her:
- Haiku Bag (affiliate link) – read our most recent review here
- Switch Vision sunglasses (Amazon.com affiliate link) – review here
- Tarma Designs Pendants – on my own wish list! (Amazon.com affiliate link)
To keep kids warm all winter long:
- Wee Woollies
- TUBES from Ella’s Wool
- Veyo Mittyz (we recommend purchasing at Garage Grown Gear – affiliate link!)
- Kids wool socks – we especially love the ones from Point6 (Sierra Trading post affiliate link – they have some great deals!)
Get Out and Ski!:
- Julbo Junior Ski Goggles (Amazon.com affiliate link)
- Bergans of Norway Snotind Kids’ Insulate Coverall – review here in our massive post about how we keep our kids warm all winter
- Skis from Level Nine Sports – review here
- Kinderlift Ski Vest (Amazon.com affiliate link)
Be sure to check out these other great gift guides focussing on outdoor families. Many of them have giveaways too!
- Rain or Shine Mamma – Holiday Gift Ideas for the Outdoorsy Kid + GIVEAWAYS
- Family Adventures in the Canadian Rockies – Holiday Gift Guide for Winter Hiking and Snowshoeing (with GIVEAWAYS)
- Rockies Girl – 2015 Gift Guide for Outdoor Families
- Outdoors Mom – A Gift Guide For The “OutdoorsMom”
- Wild Tales Of – 2015 Holiday Gift Ideas for the Young Traveler and Outdoor Adventurer
- Tales of a Mountain Mama – Gift Guide for Outdoor Families 2015 + Giveaways
- Play Outside Guide – Outdoor Lovers Holiday Gift Guide & Giveaway
- AdventurousParents.com – 5 Gift Ideas for Outdoorsy and On-The-Go Toddlers
- Brave Ski Mom – The 2015 BSM Holiday Gift Guide for Skiers and Snowboarders
- Go Adventure Mom – Holiday Gift Guide
- Mountain Mom and Tots – Best Gear of the Year + Links to Holiday Gift Guides
- OutdoorsyMama – 15 Things Your Outdoorsy Mama REALLY Wants for the Holidays! Gift Guide
- RockiesChick – Holiday guide for the little explorers
- Wilder Child – Unique and Handmade Holiday Gifts for Your Little Nature Lover
- Nature for Kids – Rad Gifts For Outdoorsy Kids
- Moms Who Hike- Holiday Gear Guide
- Hike Like A Woman- Holiday Gear Guide
A few special giveaways for YOU!
Thanks to NiteIze for supplying a fun gift pack for one of you to win! They’re perfect stocking stuffers (or just keep them for yourself!)
- 2 BugLits
- 12 pack of GearTies
- Inova STS Headlamp
2. Garage Grown Gear
One lucky winner will receive a $50 gift card to Garage Grown Gear. Don’t tell, but this is where I often shop for Mtn Papa and family. They truly have “wildly cool” gear and I LOVE supporting small businesses! Some of our suggestions listed here (all links are affiliates – thanks for clicking through them!):
- Veyo Mittz for kids
- MyMayu Boots and Liners for kids
- Hand-Branded Leather Gloves from Give’r
- Adventure Skirt by Purple Rain
- Roscoe Outdoor Pants for men and women
- Skida Hats
3. Bergans Snøtind Snowsuit
We LOVE LOVE LOVE this snowsuit. Warm and durable, yet not bulky. The price tag reflects that (as it should), so having a chance to win one is even more exciting. Read our full review here on our post about great gear to keep kids warm.
2-layer winter coverall suitable for activities in the cold and wet. Snøtind Insulated is insulated with Bergans ArcticInsulation, and made from waterproof, windproof, and breathable Bergans Element Active.
- Reinforced sections on elbows, knees, seat, and pant legs
- Detachable, adjustable hood
- Large, horizontal chest pocket
- Elastic sleeve cuffs. Elastic waist in rear. Articulated knee sections. Gusset and elastic ankle cuffs with adjustable silicone foot strap. Reflective details.
- Weight: size 116 (6 years): 745 g (1lb 10.3 oz)
- Weight insulation: 100 g/m^2 (2.9 oz/yd^2)
- MSRP: $239.00
- Available in 4 different colors
Note: Sizes are listed as “116/6”. In this example, the height of the child would be 116 cm and the average age would be 6 years old.
As usual, please use the Rafflecopter Widgets below to enter to win. The winner will be emailed and announced on this post in the Rafflecopter Widget. Have questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact me at mountainmamatales(at)gmail(dot)com so I can help! The NiteIze & Bergans giveaway is US only; The GGG giveaway is open to all!
If you’ve found this post helpful, you always appreciate you supporting us (see the top of the right sidebar for directions on how to make a donation for our efforts, or click here)! Thank you!
© 2015, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.