Here we go! Our annual gift guide for 2016. These are the items we have (or have had) on our wish lists….and thought you may want to get some ideas too!
**Be sure to scroll the way to the bottom for two special giveaways!**
As I do every year, I just have to start by saying that I think experiences as the best gift you can give to someone you love. That said, sometimes some special gear helps you do that more successfully. And sometimes you just want a really cool gift that inspires you to live the life you love (in this case outdoors, of course!)
Also, if you are referencing this for your holiday shopping (which I really hope you do!), I am posting a bunch of affiliate links at the bottom of the page to help you find them again easier in (mostly) on place AND because when you shop through those links you help us out too.
Save this, share it, bookmark it, Pin it, AND comment here with what other awesome items we’ve missed!
- Tarma Jewelry: I love this stuff jewelry SO much. Mtn Papa surprised me with earrings this year and I still get compliments on them constantly. I especially love this pendant and these earrings.
- An Outdoor Skirt.
- Leggings that are functional enough for an outdoor life
- A Haiku Bag
- Haiku has made the list for a few years now….because it is that good. The only “problem” with them is that they don’t wear out (giving you an excuse to buy another, of course), so be sure to pick one you love!
- This Renaissance Mama one is AWESOME as a diaper bag. Or you can get it without the changing diapers part.
- A Mountain Mama Shirt.
- This one from Made of Mountains (shown above) makes me feel just a bit more empowered and ready to handle the day….
You’ll notice our gift suggestions are almost all from Garage Grown Gear. If you don’t know their company, check it out! TONS of really cool gear from really cool companies.
For the Kids:
- A Sleeping Bag
- Check out our massive Kids’ Sleeping Bags post for ideas on which ones we recommend (happy to answer questions about them too in the comments!)
- A Helmet
- Have them wear them from day 1. They really, really aren’t optional. This is why.
- A Bike
- You get what you pay for with kids’ bikes. Choose the best one you can afford. Our bike reviews can all be found here. *And yep, that’s totally a teaser for our 12 Days of Gear Giveaways….*
- Toys that inspire an Outdoor Life
- An outdoor life is becoming trendy (which I think is fantastic!) Therefore there are toys all over the place to fit the theme. I listed a few below that we have either used and loved or think look really great
- Adventure/Hiking Pants
- Sturdy, durable and made for adventure! We recommend checking out the stores listed below – REI sells a ton of them!!
- A great hat
- A backpack (pssstt Deuters are our favorite!)
Easier Shopping Here (thanks so much for clicking through these affiliate links!!)
Check out these other great Gear Guides (and giveaways!)
- RockiesGirl – Gifts to last from Baby to Toddler
- Born to Be Adventurous – Gift Ideas for Babies and Toddlers
- Mountain Mom and Tots – 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Play Outside Guide – Holiday Gift Guide
- Currently Wandering – 25 Gift Ideas for Adventurers, RVers and Families
- Little Family Adventure – Holiday Gift Guide for Outdoor Families
- The Brave Ski Mom – Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- Rain or Shine Mamma – Christmas Gift Ideas for Outdoorsy Kids
- Family Adventures in the Canadian Rockies – Holiday Gift Guide for Outdoor Families (With Giveaways)
- Go Adventure Mom – Holiday Guide 2016
- Kid Project – Companies that Give Back Gift Guide 2016
- Tales of Adventures in Parenting – A Holiday Gift Guide for Outdoor Families
As soon as I realized how many different items I was listing here are from Garage Grown Gear, I asked my friend Amy (the mastermind behind it all) if she would like to give away a little shopping spree to someone. She readily agreed (because she is awesome like that!)
I also think every Mountain Mama needs this shirt….so many thanks to Britt from Made of Mountains for that giveaway too!
One lucky winner will come away with the following:
- A $125 gift card to Garage Grown Gear
- A “Mountain Mama” tee from Made of Mountains in your choice of size
We’re going to use a little different giveaway widget than normally….this is your trial run for the 12 Days of Gear Giveaways!
As usual, the winner will be emailed and announced on this post in the widget once it’s closed. Have questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact me at mountainmamatales(at)gmail(dot)com so I can help! This giveaway is open to the U.S. only.
© 2016, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.