O.F.F. = Outdoor Fashion Friday.
Our (almost) weekly segment featuring our favorite styles for the season. Everything I share are pieces that can be worn all day long and stand up to the “use and abuse” of serious adventures. As a family, we appreciate clothing that is worth our hard-earned money. It’s what we wear and trust!
Today I am so excited to feature my favorite outdoor pants, ever. If you are a hiker, biker or climber and you don’t know about Roscoe Outdoor, look them up right now. And then go buy yourself a pair and tell them we sent you.
Seriously, though, their Washakie Pant has become a favorite for both Mtn Papa and me. I am featuring it this week because they are the perfect all-adventure pant, including biking.
Designed near here in Red Lodge, Montana, they fill a niche for well-made and highly functional pant.
A little bit about Roscoe from Hans, co-owner: “Roscoe Outdoor is small outdoor clothing company that’s been in operation for 4 years. We started with one style of men’s and women’s pant both offered in the same color. Friends with spouses or significant others who wear our climbing, hiking, biking, you name it pants, joke that we’ve got to start offering more than one color each year as they don’t want the “twinsy” image going for them in the outdoors. Hailey and I launched our first year by driving around personally selling the pant to small high-quality outdoor shops in the Rocky Mountain West after spending two years saving up the money for our first production run. Every year the business gets a little larger; we pick up more accounts, we add new styles and tweak old ones. It is a lot of fun. It is a lot of work. It is very competitive going up against the massive outdoor brands. We are incredibly appreciative of every store and customer that’s given us a shot. We offer something that’s a little different, sometimes with innovative features you don’t see anyone else doing. There are a lot more ideas swirling around at Roscoe for innovative outdoor clothing that is simple, durable, and comfortable. We look forward to turning them into reality.”
Available in four different colors, the women’s pants come in sizes 2-12, straight or curvy. Men’s sizes range from 30 x 30 to 38 x 34.
They have two zippered front pockets, one zippered back pocket, one open back pocket and one zippered side pocket, so you know your stuff is safe!
What we love about them:
– The fit. Curvy AND straight sizing available for women. A good-fitting pant really makes all the difference in the world.
– Just enough stretch to do anything you want to do (climbing, biking, hiking, playing, etc.)
– Roll them up and expose a cinched, reflective strap, perfect for biking or climbing. <– I think this is genius!
– Integrated adjustable belt means they stay where you want them to stay, even with a pack on or doing complicated climbing moves.
What we would love to see improved:
– They seem to run long. They’re easy to roll up, but I would love just an inch or two shorter. And it’s not just because I am short – Mtn Papa had the same thoughts.
– We’ve had some small piling on the pants after lots of washes – still trying to figure out why that is happening and will update this when we know!
We’ll be purchasing another pair for each of us – they’re that great!
Per our request, Roscoe Outdoor generously provided us this gear in order to facilitate this review. However, as always, the opinions expressed here are completely and honestly our own. You can find my full disclosure here.
© 2015, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.