Finally! It’s cold enough to wear fall and winter styles (at least part of the time). This is my favorite time of the year and a reason to celebrate. I rounded up my favorites that are not only cute, but entirely functional for people who love to be outside and active. You’ll notice they’re a little heavy on the skirts and dresses….I just can’t help myself! They are so perfect for dressing up and down (ha, get it?!) and being able to do everything I love too.
I’ve been wearing this gear like crazy….but seem to often forget my camera or have little photographers around (go figure). More of that coming!
As always, I LOVE to hear what you would add to this list – comment and let me know!
FYI – this post is full of affiliate links. Thanks so much for clicking through them to purchase if you find something you love. And rest assured that everything below is my honest opinions, as always!
- Double Time Tee from Title Nine: This is seriously my favorite long-sleeve tee ever. It performs well (wicking, no stink), is a flattering design and is comfortable. Fits true to size. Check out their new design for this year too. I plan to snag one!
- Orvis Outdoor Quilted Snap Sweatshirt: I get so many compliments about this one. Sort of like wearing a quilt (go figure). Fits true to size and has room for layering underneath. Also available on Amazon.
- Stio Sweetwater Fleece Hoodie: I love the look of sweater knit fleece. The brushed outer helps keep the the weather out and performs (and looks) like wool while the inner is nice and thick and cozy. Thumb holes, dropped back hem and cute neckline!
- Sherpa Namla Zip: I LOVE the designs of all the Sherpa Adventure Gear, but this one is gorgeous. It is fleece inside so super cozy and is thick and very warm. I prefer to NOT layer under it – it seems to go on better over a tank top (long sleeves get stuck in the fleece). Also available as a Full Zip at Title Nine. I also love their (not pictured) Paro Hoodie. It’s a bit longer, but more lightweight and very soft despite being a sweater.
- Carve Designs Heavenly Jacket: This down jacket is pretty lightweight and very breathable – best used in the fall/spring or as a sweatshirt. But it’s stretchy, cozy and slides on super well. Also available on Amazon.
Dresses and Skirts:
- Hibernation Hooded Dress: Incredibly soft – like wearing a sweatshirt dress. I love the color Huckleberry, the cozy cowl neck, the pockets and the way it hangs. It does hug the body more, so I sized up.
- Stio Skycrest Insulated Skirt: Ok this one I haven’t actually worn, but I see women wearing it often here in Jackson, WY and it’s incredibly cute. It’s a bit short for me, but the perfect apres-ski skirt.
- Getaway Long Sleeve Dress: SUPER comfortable, great for fall/spring and layered for fall. I also sized up in this one for a looser fit. The kind of dress you could seriously do everything in.
- Toasty Cheeks Skirt from Skirt Sports: I truly throw this one on almost every day. It’s just long enough to get good coverage while maintaining styling and the ability to get out and move.
- Fjord Fleece Dress by Kind Apparel – available at Garage Grown Gear: Heavenly and cozy and what I plan to maybe wear all winter long. The hood! The pocket! I sized up and wished I hadn’t…fits true to size!
- Wonder Wool Skirt from Skirt Sports: I am usually not super crazy about intergrated leggings + skirts because they tend to not fit me as well, but this one is great! I was also worried about the leggings being too long, but the ruched sides help even us shorties.
- Mercury Dress: Size up in this one if you want it not to be form-fitting. But I LOVE this one. Zippered pockets, full range of movement and super soft. Slightly thicker than the Getaway. I love the hood too!
- Stio Pinedale Pant: I have yet to try these, but they look so so so great. Stretchy for ease of movement, they keep the elements out and Stio quality. Now if only they came in additional lengths.
- Carve Designs Dakota Tight: These fit super well, are slightly thicker, and have a higher waist. Flattering and comfy with no chaffing.
- Triple Pocket Tights from Skirt Sports: These fit AMMMAAAZZZING. No chafing, no moving, no bunching. Perfect for all-day wear.
- Thermalete+ Tight from Title Nine: Incredible thick, cozy and warm tights for wearing all winter long. Whoop, whoop! I think I need another pair. I also plan to try these.
For your Head and Feet:
- Mountain Khakis Cozy Cable Beanie: Super cute and thick with a comfortable inside and signature pom. I love the “coffee” color. Some colors available here on Amazon.
- KEEN Presidio II Waterproof Boot: No insulation for cold weather, but great arch support and surprisingly very comfortable. I truly can wear these chasing my kids all day long.
- Liquid Light Hat by Art for All: available at Garage Grown Gear
- Deuter ACT Trail 28 SL: My favorite Deuter pack. I love that it fits a women’s body well, has all those bells and whistles and extra pockets and is so incredibly comfortable. This is my go-to hiking pack (when I am not wearing a kiddo).
- REI Co-op Stuff Travel Tote: Admittedly, this is not one I have tried, but it looks perfect for all those times I just stuff a bunch of gear in a bag and go.
© 2018, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.