After living near (and playing in) Jackson, WY for years, we have a special place in our hearts for the local crowd and food. Kate’s Bars are everywhere and have accompanied us on many adventures in and out of the surrounding area of Jackson. Somehow in our move to the Park we just haven’t had as many of them, so a sampler pack sent our way was a welcome package (that was truthfully gobbled up in less than 24 hours by this family.)
The Story: “Long before Kate Schade became a business owner and whole foods advocate, she was a self-proclaimed ski bum. Tram Bars, Kate’s preliminary food source for on-the-go fun, were made on off-days in her kitchen. In line at 7:00 a.m., Kate would catch first box at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, ski all day, then grab a quick shower before slinging Italian food in the evenings. All the while, her Tram Bar pocket-fuel satiated any nourishment needs.The Tram Bar recipe evolved over time (consistent with Kate’s cupboard availabilities) and with each tweaking, the recipe perfected itself. Kate continued her routine; sometimes tossing bars to gawking, hung-over friends in the tramline. Still, she ignored her friends’ suggestions of starting a viable Tram Bar business. “Too much work,” she confessed before dropping into a powder-filled couloir.” Read more here.
- Grizzly Bar: Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Trail Mix (pocket meal size) <– MY FAVORITE!
- Tram Bar: Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Trail Mix (pocket meal size)
- Handle Bar: Dark Chocolate Cherry Almond
- Tiki Bar: Coconut Mango Cashew
- Stash Bar: Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate
Here’s what we love and why we recommend them:
- They taste good. Really good. All five flavors.
- Made with only real ingredients and sweetened with organic honey.
- Organic and Kosher
- Reasonably priced: $2.79 for the 2.2 oz bar and $3.29 for the 3 oz bar (which is the “meal in your pocket” size)
- The company advocates for sustainable farming practices
- By supporting Kate’s, you’re promoting outdoor play (because we all have time to get out more!)
- They’re an easy and healthy way to keep food and energy in your pocket and continue to recreate
What we would love to see:
- More flavors
- Kid-sizes (because they love to be out adventuring too!)
Where to buy them:
- Online on the Kate’s Real Food site
- At retail shops around the country (use this tool on their site to find them!)
Win a case of Kate’s Real Food!
Kate so generously offered us the chance to send one of you a full case (12 bars) of your choice of flavor. As usual, please use the Rafflecopter Widget below to enter to win. The winner will be emailed and announced on this post in the Rafflecopter Widget. Have questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact me at mountainmamatales(at)gmail(dot)com so I can help! Sorry, this giveaway is open to the U.S. only. **Use the image above for the Instagram entry!**
Kate’s Real Food generously provided us this gear in order to facilitate this review. However, as always, the opinions expressed here are completely and honestly our own. Photos are used with permission of Kate’s Real Food and are copyrighted by Abby Dell Photography (check out her site – she does a fantastic job!) You can find my full disclosure here.
© 2014, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.