A quick and fun activity that spruces up your front (or back yard) just a bit.
- Water balloons
- Food Coloring
- Freezing Temperatures
- Fill water balloons with water + 2 or 3 drops of food coloring. Try to fill them enough that you don’t have any air left before you tie them off. *We added the color of the balloon so we would know what color it would end up being! Remember one drop of red will make pink, 3 drops of red will make…RED!*
- Carefully transport the water balloons outside to freeze.
- Let them sit for a good 24 hours (depending on how cold it is.)
- Carefully cut off the rubber balloons and dispose.
- Set up your marbles!
- Feel free to make them different sizes, shapes
Note: Our kids thought they could play with these and so managed to shatter a few of them. They are definitely more of a decoration, but are fun!