Meet the MyMayu Traveller boot.
Lightweight. Weatherproof. Durable. Packable. Zero Drop. Phalate, BPA & Lead Free. Flexible. These are the words that make me light up when i’m looking for new outdoor footwear for my rough and tumble kid.
He just wants comfort. And…… radness. (He IS six, afterall, and radness is really important when you’re six).
The MYMAYU Traveller checks all of my boxes & my son loves them too. He’s been wearing them for six months now. Long enough to try them out in three seasons, and in all kinds of terrain and weather….snow, sleet, sun, sand, mud, muck, streams, lakes, rivers & rock in 4 different States.
He played in the Champagne Powder snowdrifts of Colorado with the Helios Liners keeping his toes toasty warm, even at temps as low as 10 degrees F! . In the Sonoran Desert of Arizona he wore them to cross swollen snowmelt washes, and to dash along cactus lined trails. In Utah, he wore them in the sloppy spring mud and on slickrock adventures. In Oregon he hiked through tick territory with the boots pulled high, toggle snuggly hugging his legs, and splashed in the spring runoff of the Cascade Mountains.
Overall, in the last six months, he’s probably put over 70 miles on those boots, and yet, they look brand new. Happy kid. Happy Mom.
I love that I can pack light on our travels…just bringing two pair of shoes for him really saves on space. And not once did they leak. And he says they are SO comfortable. Take his word for it. He is hard on shoes. And VERY picky about comfort….. And radness.
What we loved about the MyMayu Traveller:
- Super Comfortable!!!!!
- Durable and very well made
- Ultra flexible sole
- Seam Sealed & weatherproof
- 4 season boots (when layered up with the optional Helios Liner in fall & winter)
- Zero Drop (seriously hard to find in kids outdoor shoes)
- NO harmful chemicals. (no PVC, phthalates, BPA, ect)
What we didn’t love about the MyMayu Traveller:
- Hard for child to pull on when using the Helios Liner for cold weather (I definitely had to help when we used the liners)
- They steam up a little bit on the inside of the toebox area with high energy activities….best to wear with wool socks to stay dry.
- Biggest size is a youth 3
What you need to know:
- These boots definetly pass the kid wear-n-tear test
- The mymayu boots pass the picky mom test
- If you’re buying them for 4 season use, and plan to use the liners, you may want to size up one size (see mymayu for specific sizing details).
The MyMayu Traveller boots are the perfect footwear for your active, outdoorsy kid. They will stay on through sticky mud, deep sand, and sloppy spring snow. And they will keep your child comfortable as they romp & play outside all day!
© 2019, Tales of a Mountain Mama. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires a link back to this original post and permission from the author.